You can take the boy off the farm, but you can't take the farm off the boy. I'm not 100% sure what that means, but I think it applies to me.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 10, Aurevoir Louisiana

I skipped breakfast and slept in until a bit. I packed my stuff and got ready to check out. Rocky, the "Cracklin King" of Louisiana came and invited me to lunch before I headed to the airport. He told me that Lisa had gone into town to buy BBQ lunch from he Volunteer Fireman's Association fundraiser and would be back any time. I finished packing and walked up to the cafe.

I sat and had BBQ chicken, a spicy homemade dippin' sauce, French bread and beans. They told me that when (not if) I come back, bring my wife and friends and when I book the cabins, they'll set up a concert and cook-out at the cabins. They had invited me to whatever heir family was doing, every evening that I had been there. These are genuinely good folks and really worked to help me accomplish and see everything I had hoped while in Louisiana.

I want to say thanks to John and Susan Ratcliff for all of their friendship and hospitality. It would not have been such a rewarding trip if I ad not met the two of you. Thanks you also to Anthony Brown for taking me to church and helping me around Morgan City. I want to send some encouragement to Angela Gautreau, who at this time next year will be the best left-handed right-hand guitar player in Louisiana :}

I've got 2 hours to kill in this little Layfeyette airport and another couple when I get to Houston. I've got a lot of random pictures that I haven't looked at, so I'll sit here and edit a few to post here today. When I get to Houston, I'll gret some tri-tip BBQ. I should be back in Sacramento about Midnight. I'm homesick and ready to see Rhonda!

I did my best learn about the Acadian culture and to share it here. I would encourage anyone reading this to spend some time on the web to read about this area and the history.

Aurevior Lousiana!






No comments:

Post a Comment