You can take the boy off the farm, but you can't take the farm off the boy. I'm not 100% sure what that means, but I think it applies to me.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 9 Mississippi - Pretty Scenes from the Delta

Its Not the Heat, It's the Humidity
Today was officially hot - 105 F in the shade by 11:00 am and humidity like you were standing in a tiny bathroom with the hot shower running. I spent most of the hot part of the day in my shack, with the little window AC running and all the doors shut. This gave me a chance to sit down and scroll through the hundreds of photos that I have taken during my trip. This whole area is just beautiful. There are areas that are rural and vibrant green and other areas that are full of beautiful faded colors.  Everywhere I go I see something that begs for me to stop, pull over and get out the camera... even if it means getting back to the car, drenched in sweat.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. Please let me know your favorite.

Bottle tree - these are all over Mississippi

I see a lot of pretty brick and much of it is covered in vines. They tell me if you stand still long enough,
the ivy or honey-suckle will grow right over you



It was on blocks, but it sure was pretty

This is definitely the land of cotton

Young cotton rows



Cross on a pumphouse door


This was an old door on one of the shacks. I think this is my fav pic.




















I leave for home tomorrow. I've sho' had a lot of fun, but I sho' am homesick!

3 comments:

  1. Got a couple of pictures of a plant related to one out here, with the same annoying problem. Poison Ivy. Leaves of three? Leave it be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tractor and the shacks is my favorite. I like that composition the best. 2nd would be the power lines leading into the forest with the rows crops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what nice pictures. Glad I stumbled onto this. U sure know how to travel. Now I want to visit Mississippi

    ReplyDelete